Open PostDoc Position "i-Dreams" & "Drive2theFuture" H2020 (TSE110)
The position is concerned with:
Chair of Transportation Systems Engineering (TSE)
The chair of Transportation Systems Engineering focuses on performing transportation research surrounding aspects of modelling and simulation of transportation systems, implementation of data science and data analytics in transport and human factors analysis. Specifically, the TSE chair performs research on both multimodal and unimodal passenger and freight transport demand and supply modelling, allowing for contributions on optimisation, calibration and validation of transport models. In this direction, the application of Big Data acquisition and analysis is examined, as well as the use of Data-driven flexible models. Finally, the TSE chair contributes on the analysis of human factors analysis in transport-related fields, such as road safety modelling, behavioural economics applications and modelling of factors that affect transportation systems user engagement.
Candidates are expected to:
- have a PhD degree in a relevant field (e.g. transportation engineering, data science, computer science)
- be enthusiastic about performing research on Big Data, Human Factors and Automated Driving
- have strong analytical skills – e.g. statistics, machine learning
- be an analytical mind
- enjoy programming
- have excellent working knowledge (written and oral) of English
- be able to work with strict deadlines
- experience with European funded projects will be considered as a plus
Conditions of employment
TUM offers a competitive compensation package in accordance to Public Sector Collective Agreement of Länder (TV-L). This position is a 100% TV-L 13 initially funded for three years. The expected start date is as soon as possible (ASAP). More information on the offered wages can be found at http://oeffentlicher-dienst.info/tv-l/west/
TUM is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified women are particularly encouraged to apply. Applicants with disabilities are treated with preference given comparable qualification.
Interested applicants who fit the requirements of the position are asked to send the following to Prof. Constantinos Antoniou (firstname.lastname@example.org):
- a CV
- a motivation letter
- the names and contact information of three references
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.